Monday, November 12, 2012

Tora; Theodore“


My beloved Anarchea¨ looks so fierce heheheh; and just so you know this is my favourite personal raid team lineup - Grandis, Lionel, Buffer(Valeria or Emilia).  Decent DPS and easy to use.  No need for the change of rings/stances/whatsoever. I've had enough of Elementalists. Like. Really. Enough.


After a 1 month wait, IAH has finally released the Modern Fatima hairstyle for Grandis :)  I'm pleased.  Here's a snapshot of Anarchea¨(Grandis) with Charlesˆ(Lionel) searching for the King of Greed(KOG) for Tora's quest.  It surprised me to find all 6 KOGs (3 from marshland, 3 from peril) dead; given that the sGE community is dwindling.  As such, that's a relief to know that sGE, or rather, Bach, isn't as dead as it seems to be!  No need for merging.  Thanksssssssss.

So I went on to do Tora's quest and finished it yesterday :) Yes I know I'm slow ,_, Here's my little Tora.


IT took me around 30 minutes to think of his name and I eventually named him Theodore“... Sounds... cute?  

I used him for World Cross PVP right on the day I got him and it turned out to be really good!  Despite being my first time to use and play him, I won all my matches.  Beginner VS Experts ,_,  I only had two proper matches though - one against Rank 2 (Asoka, Catherine DEX, Valeria) and the other against Rank 11 (Grandis SG, Beatrice,Valeria).  I was surprised I managed to pull through.  Guess I'm starting to really like using him.

However, THE BAD NEWS IS ... Tora will be nerfed in the later patches - his "Throw weapons" skill will no longer have the knock-back effect.

 Theodore“ weeps

 Theodore“ can't take it anymore

Theodore“ breaks down

Why....  It's not like "Throw weapons" or the Tora character itself is thaaaaat OP/imba.

so ok.  kGE pvpers couldn't handle, the koreans must have been complaining.  If that's the case, the simplest solution would be to reduce the damage boost of "Shadow Walk" since Tora's damage output without Shadow Walk is pretty fair; ranging between the slightly low to average damage output range.  There really isn't a need of removing "Throw weapons'" knock-back effect.  It just ridiculously spoils Tora all over.

That said, we've been informed through the forums that IAH is more or less in the process of preparing the vb1.0 Bristia patch.  I'll just cross my fingers and hope the patch they are updating us to doesn't consist of this change so I can get to relish on my Tora a little longer );  If things can go any better, I hope IMC puts back the KB effect, just like what they did for DEX Catherine's "Reverse Rolling Shot".