Saturday, May 19, 2018

Tempura was born on 12/5/2017.
It's been a year now.
Surprisingly, it wasn't even half as bad as what I had imagined on coming out from the comfortable nest and starting out anew in unfamiliar grounds; even more so when having to put up against the established 'best' right from the beginning.

The fears of not being in the dominating faction/ being in the lesser faction were on issues with security, fairness, transparency, support and avenues for in-game progression.  I believe everyone has these same few considerations.

To be frank I was spoon fed back then (in At****).  I was not directly involved in the nuts and bolts of handling and establishing internal politics and governance, and driving the group forward.  All I had to do was to input ideas, aid in discussions and commit/participate/support.

What I had expected to be the worst turned out OK after all, in fact even much better when able to accomplish things I never thought could be done given the circumstances.  Although the starting was choppy (and still is, now and then but of lesser extent), none of the worst outcomes once feared fledged fully and were all dealt with and overcame. 

I now understand some of the themes and woes like "for the faction" that never seem to hit me back then.  And from this I've grown a huge disdain for people who place self-gain first instead of genuinely working together as a faction.

I still dislike the faction name though.